Mark joined Alliant Retirement Consulting in 2013. He brings over 20 years of industry experience to Alliant, focusing on compliance and regulatory issues. Mark oversees Alliant's fiduciary liability management process and also assists clients with plan design changes and administrative issues. His specialties include compliance in accordance with ERISA, Investment Policy Management, and Investment Committee Governance.
Mark works collaboratively with both clients and providers to ensure plan sponsors adhere to ERISA regulations & their sponsored plans remain compliant. He keeps clients abreast of potential legislation impacting the retirement plan industry and any applicable or pending litigation. Mark consults with clients on plan design changes and impacts to their respective employer-sponsored plans.
Mark earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Virginia Tech, majoring in Finance. He grew up in the Washington D.C. area, but currently resides in Alpharetta, GA with his two children, Nicholas and Madison.
- Assists in the development of investment policy statements and corporate charters for investment and retirement plan committees
- Prepares and conducts annual fiducary training for clients and committee members
- Provides ongoing plan design and compliance consulting to ensure all retirement plans remain in compliance
- Updates clients on regulatory and legislative actvity impacting retirement plans
- Reviews vendor respsones to requests for proposals to assist in determining suiability based upon needs and expectations of clients