Ben has been with Alliant Retirement Consulting since 2010 and has been in the Financial Services Industry since 2000. Prior to Alliant, Ben worked with ING Americas in their Corporate Retirment Plan division and also spent several years trading corporate and municipal fixed income securities. Ben leads the Investment Consulting department for Alliant's National Retirement Practice in collaboration with their three other retirement focused offices around the country.
Ben focuses his efforts on presenting to the investment committees appointed by each of our clients on a periodic basis. The majority of clients are defined contribution and defined benefit plans in the corporate and public markets. In addition to presenting the quarterly investment reviews, Ben also frequently meets with portfolio managers, market strategists and other key influencers in our industry. These interactions help to formulate the economic viewpoints that are shared with our clients on a frequent basis.
Ben received a Bachelor of Science in Economics from Auburn University and is Series 7 and Series 63 registered. He lives in Alpharetta, GA with his wife Laura and their two children. He is actively involved in serving the local community.
- Presents quarterly investment performance, analysis and history and makes recommendations to place funds on the Watch List, if applicable
- Researches fund options available to clients on recordkeeping platforms
- Continually refines Alliant's proprietary investment Scorecard utilized in quarterly meetings to assess fund peformance
- Provides economic overviews and financial market updates to committee members
- Educates clients on target date strategies and annually reviews a target date checkist to ensure they properly align with client goals